Saturday, October 28, 2006

Next leader of L.A. school district vows to remove 'bad teachers' - Los Angeles Times

Next leader of L.A. school district vows to remove 'bad teachers' - Los Angeles Times

"It's called the right teacher in the right classroom in the right school…. Some people do not belong in the classroom, OK? They don't belong there. We're gonna get them out. The question is how is the system going to react to the way we get them out."


I am assuming that all you education junkies are keeping up with the soap opera that is the LAUSD.

I have to wonder if Mr. Brewer (the new LAUSD school chief and former military office) is going to be more than the LAUSD Board of Education bargained for when they hired him.

Now if Major Villaraigosa can managed to shirk the United Teacher's Los Angeles union's influence, perhaps the LAUSD will have a chance.

2 comments:

Darren said...

Unless this guy has the patience of Job--and no matter what, he'll suffer as Job did--he will will not be more than the Board bargained for. In fact, my guess is he'll leave in disgust when he's thwarted by the heavily entrenched interests there in LAUSD.

Gina said...

I'm a fan of public schools - but I don't want to send my kids there. We are in LAUSD and WHAT A MESS. But for the sake of the kids, I do what I can by volunteering in after school programs bringing arts as tools for learning. You can find some free samples on my blog.